Sunday, January 16, 2011

An Easy Fix

Before
So, since I moved into this house we have had problems with one towel bar in the master bath.  I really needed it to just go away.  So after 4 years of re-attaching it to the wall, I said enough!  I took both towel bars down and installed a piece of floor board we had left over from our living room re-do.


During
 It was SUPER easy!  I just measured the wall length and then cut the wood with a hand saw.  Slapped it up on the wall and hammered in a few finishing nails being sure I got them into the studs.  Filled in the nail holes with some wood filler and then slapped a coat of paint with this stuff. 


$7.00 from Wally World - Cant beat it!


Next I drilled these $3.00 hooks from Wally World into the wood and WA LA!  Instant no more falling off the wall towel rods.  And I think it looks so much better too! 



Doesn't a shower curtain make a huge difference
to cover up all that brassy 80's gold. 
Now, I'm thinking some sort of moulding art like this dining room or a board and batten like this basement

1 comment: