Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The First 5 Years

Sicely & Heidi did a great job teaching this class at our Women's Conference last Saturday.  I didn't want the class to end.  I just sat there absorbing it all.  We got a 4 page handout copied front and back. 

They spent most of the class touching on these topics
Speak with love
Touch with love
See with love
Listen with love
Sing with love
Play with love
Work with love
Create with love
Teach with love
Read with love
Discipline with love

Love, Love, Love

This poem was in the packet given and boy is it a good one for me these days!

Excuse This House

Some houses try to hide the fact that children live there...
Ours boasts of it quite openly, the signs are everywhere.
Four smears are on the windows, little smudges on the doors...
I should apologize I guess for the toys all over the floor. 
But I sat down with the children and we played & laughed & read.
And if the doorbell doesn't shine their eyes will shine instead.
For when at times I'm forced to choose the one job or the other.
I want to be a housewife, but first i am a Mother.

I have been feeling like a failure lately, when it comes to the state my home is in.  I mean some days there are toys spread out in each and EVERY room of this this tiny 2 bedroom condo.  The sink is full of dishes, and the floor is littered with who knows what.  But hey, I have a great relationship with my sweet precious gift from heaven, and hey, because its a tiny 2 bedroom condo, it doesn't take too long to pick it all up.

Now, look what I found today.

She really didn't get the fact that coloring on her belly was naughty.  All she wanted to do was see herself in the movie.  What a stinker!  Oh, and yes, that is a Santa Clause shirt she is wearing today on Feb 2nd.  It was the closest one with long sleeves I found.  BRRRR its cold today, the high here was 44 the normal for this day is 68 - that's a 24 degree difference. 

I have had several different jobs in my life.  But being a mom has been the most rewarding, and enjoyable, and above all else hardest one EVER!  A friend of mine posted on Facebook last week that her 3 year old daughter colored all over her sofa with a blue felt tip marker.... Her comment was "Now I get a new sofa.... When she graduates from high school"  I absolutely loved that.  What could she do? The damage was done.  Yee haw, now she has something to look forward to in the next 14 years!

1 comment: